Old 05-03-2017, 04:02 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
So true. Flew CX in international business class (paid ticket) a few months back on a Triple. The food was awful, worse than US domestic coach. The HK lounge was ratty and dirty. I'm amazed that CX still has any loyal business customers.

They have fallen a long way since the '80s, when I rode them frequently as a precocious teen living abroad...
I have to wonder how much of the ratty and dirty lounge in HK is related to the creeping influence of China. Nothing in mainland China is maintained. A great example is terminal 3 in PEK. The terminal is not even nine years old yet (opened in July 2008) and yet many parts of it look like it is fifty years old. I stayed in the short stay hotel on the arrivals level and the carpet and wallpaper was completely worn, even bare in some places. The shower head was crusted over with lime and water barely trickled out. Also the Air China/Star Alliance business lounge in 3E (international departures area) is full of worn carpet and worn out chairs. Easily the worst lounge I have ever visited.