View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:14 PM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by nmarconato View Post
I don't know, it's hard to say... I see # of posts and threads are still strong, not clear that we are experiencing an impact on performance yet.

if I look at the comments, it seems it's a mixed bag. I think the answer lies, at least for the regional, in a UI/UX approach, where I'd change the template of the page to be able to accommodate both experiences: the users who wants to browse by "airline" and the ones who'd rather just see the list of topics.

Question: the 2 experiences are still on the page, first you'd be hitting the categories, by scrolling, you'd be seeing the list of threads.

The scrolling certainly adds a little bit of extra work.

Questions for you:
A) Do you see the most recently updated threads, when you scroll down?
b) Is the scrolling down the only extra step preventing you from enjoying the full list of threads, or are there other "impediments" that I should consider?

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Nick
If you have the ability to allow the user to choose whether or not to see the subcategories, that might be a big win. I assume that means that all the posts from all the subcategories would simply be shown in one place, in the main category.

To answer your question, "do I see the most recently updated threads", I do see recently updated threads below the subcategories. But I'm not sure what you mean by asking that. Will I only see those below the subcategories if someone decides to post there (not in one of the subcategories).

For B, the answer is no. I don't mind scrolling at all. The crux of the issue the way I see it is having to take the extra step of going in and out of each subcategory to see what is happening at all the airlines.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the people who do not like the subcategories are the ones who want to see what is going on at all the airlines.