Thread: June COLA
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:08 AM
beardelight
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by SewerPipeDvr View Post
I think you guys are fighting the wrong battle. Don't fight Frontier. You cannot win against the RLA. So don't play that rigged game. Instead what do you think would happen if something threatened Indigo's IPO? That is what they are. IPO salesmen. That is where the big money is. They bought you for 100 million and have made enough to pay that back. Now they want that 1-1.5 billion paycheck.
So how to play. What would happen if the news got out that Frontier pilots were so upset with Indigo that a large majority planned a mass resignation a week or two after the IPO launch? That threat alone could kill their IPO plan. Who would invest in a airline without enough pilots to fly the routes? The sweet part is Indigo is NOT under RLA. You are not threatening a job action against Frontier. A fine legal point that. ALPA won't play along. That would negate their reason to exist. But bet your bottom dollar Indigo would shatter their pants thinking a group of dumb pilots beat their plans and their egos. They have spent a long time setting this up. You have the power to sink those plans. I would suspect you would get a contract PDQ. You just have to get enough pilots to make the threat realistic. Good luck on that. Too many sheep these days.
What planet are you living on.... You are either pro Indigo or would like to see the negotiating process get even longer. Either way suggesting an illegal work action is the most unhelpful thing I have ever heard.