View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 02:44 PM
nmarconato
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: In LAX? PM me!
Default Eureka!

Originally Posted by nmarconato View Post
OK, thank you for the feedback and the insights into the industry trends! I see that we have 2 constituents, who pretty much want to see the same thing, but sorted in a different way. More soon. N
Hey All, I confirm that we have found a solution. We will be finalizing everything by the end of May.

We have a release scheduled on Monday 5/15, we will be waiting for the changes to be stabilized and we will then use pre-fixes to "categorize" the threads by Airline, rather than using the current setting which "moves" the threads into the Airline subforum.

It is a lighter categorization option, which labels the threads rather than moving the threads into a specific subforum. As such, we will be replacing the Airline subforums w/ links to the category section of the Airline.

Display:
More information on this will follow, but the front end look-and-feel would look more or less the same: the top part of the Regional section will display the list of the Airlines sorted A-Z.
However, the bottom part will display all the most recently updated threads (including the ones that are categorized by Airline).

Create a new thread:
When creating a new thread, users will be prompted to "categorize" the thread, by selecting a prefix from a drop down menu.

Hope this works, let me know whether this is clear to all, and if you have questions.

Thanks All for the feedback and the support. More soon.

Nick