Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 AM
Denti
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: A320 Left

Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
RI830, I don't know why you're going off on a tangent in this thread. It is about protecting against a mentally ill pilot from being alone in the cockpit. Also, I believe, it's about one person up front and he/she becomes very ill/dies. The US has been doing the 2 person CP since 9/11. Not sure why the Europeans feel it's such a big deal to implement.
You really believe a person with just 4 weeks of training as flight attendant, the cheapest and fastest background check possible and an iranian passport (or turkish, polish, ukrainian etc) is fit to assess the mental state of a pilot? That is the reality in europe.

And unlike in the US the reinforced doors were introduced with the requirement (at least in germany, ireland as the "africa of europe" handles things differently) that pilots from their seat can visually inspect the entrance areas and those that want to enter the flight deck, as well as being able to open the door and refuse entry. All installations i know have at least three cameras for the entry area. Even an incapacitation is not a big issue as an emergency code allows reentry from the oudside in that case.