Thread: June COLA
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 08:56 AM
FAULTPUSH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Originally Posted by mikehoncho View Post
You're right. And the "volumes" spoken is not to turn this into the nasty forum like people have asked.
I'm at a loss here, given the nasty posts by Mike, Bolo, & Monkey. My questions were pretty simple and I don't see why a nasty response would have been required. Your slander wasn't necessary - just something simple like "I don't personally like the CBA as written, except for the VJA process (because I'm senior)". Or maybe "please limit yourself to only 6 incentivized trips per year, 6 VJA's, and 6 JA's". Or "Even though the CBA allows us to take VJA's in other domiciles, you shouldn't, because I don't like it".

As for me, I personally don't think that the senior pilots have that bad a deal - they get first choice of domicile bid, line bid, monthly drop, monthly open time, aggressive reserve, vacation, better value for sick days due to better trips, first shot at VJA's, etc. But you would never see me on here complaining about it, or saying that senior pilots shouldn't take VJA's so that junior pilots can get JA's, or that you should bid reserve more often, or bid crappy vacation weeks, or skip monthly open time occasionally to help out the junior guys.

As I said before, I really think that if you had a cogent case to make, you wouldn't resort to ad hominem attacks.