View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 06:18 AM
P-3Bubba
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: P-3C

That doesnt sound like any Marine that Ive ever met. Sometimes its not easy flying yesterday's airplanes today, but I know that no one in the Maintenance Division would sign off on a plane that was not airworthy. I trust the aircraft that Im issued b/c I know that Petty Officer Schmuckatelly doesnt want me to die just b/c he forgot to tighten a bolt. Many of the planes the Navy and Marines fly today are old and are taking a beating due to the rigors and demands of fighting a war. The P-3 is a prime example, we can only fly some of them 58.4hrs a month. Upgrading simulators along with wing and airframe inspections are allowing the airplanes and community to succeed in their mission.
People can become jaded by the made up work that seems to make the ground aspect of a squadron go around, but there's nothing like a low pass by the carrier to make you forget about whatever powerpoint presentation you were supposed to have ready. Ive met Marines that didnt come home after a mission, and Ive even been out looking for them when they didnt. But Ive never heard one talk like our blogging crazy friend.