View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Tinpusher007
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B

I have a question for all those who say that airline pilot wannabees are ruining the industry by accepting jobs for low pay. What are those guys supposed to do, exactly? They can make no demands on pay walking in the door. The union doesn't even know them (because they get no money from them). Are they supposed to put their careers on hold to improve the pay and QOL of incumbent pilots? Pilots who do have a voice in collective bargaining and on some level AGREED to the contracts that pay peanuts. Are all the prospective newhires supposed to back off so that management has no cheap labor to come in and keep them in business. Im not trying to inflame anyone, I am asking all these questions seriously, and I do appreciate where the incumbent pilots are coming from. I agree that this is a dying profession with adequate compensation in a deep downward spiral. But I too may be looking to get on with a regioanl airline to build my turbine time and then I would like a job with Netjets or some other fractional rather than the majors. But for ppl like me, we are stuck in a big catch 22...ie...we need hours to get a job, but also need a job to get hours. Anyway, honest answers and input would be appreciated.