Thread: Thread deletion
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 09:44 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
That is a very thoughtful gesture that I totally agree with. I like that. Let us reason together.

It was simply about the National Right to Work Act which eliminates the mandatory dues payments by non-members, of which I am one. Its not that I am necessarily against unions, but I KNOW you can't change it UNLESS you, the individual, can withhold YOUR hard earned money from an entity that fails to perform in a fashion that advocates the interests as a whole with fundamental principles.

I am anti-union, anti-ALPA, anti-APA because APA motto "through these doors walks the worlds finest pilots" is only for LAA pilots. Their LOS and even those of the LAWA pilots have used their system to advance their small groups interests and not those of the whole.

My belief only (maybe) and my right. But I KNOW the power to the APA and ALPA is growing weaker by the day, the NRTW Act will soon be passed and the wasted dollars going to Carey, Wilson, Bates, etc. will come to an end.

Only THEN can a new way of real thinking come about. The corpus must die before the Phoenix can rise again. Dick Lyons, whom most of you do NOT even know, would approve. Look him up.

Again, let us reason together.
First let me say I think you make some valid observations.... I do have one question however, lets say you were allowed as a non member to not pay dues... thus in my opinion you should NOT be allowed any of the benefits negotiated under your companies CBA... thus YOU must negotiate your own term and conditions.. would your submit to that? I.e, no membership.. no dues.. simply at the employees at the will of the company and subject to what they may or may not choose to compensate you... ???