View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Whiplash6
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by ironmanndfw View Post
by Atlas.

I have been sitting on doing the exam as I have heard several different stories.

Tiny about me:

I'm a little over 7300 corporate 91K & 135 TJ ME PIC of 1800+.

I think I'm a bit overqualified for the regionals. Though it is an option. I'm already 56 just unlucky in the year of birth and hirline hiring cycles.

I moved to KFLL in April so a MIA base would be nice.

I have been told 2 years seat lock, every new hires go to ANC and the 74 for at least a month. MIA is about a year + to hold. I'd prefer the 76 in MIA or CVG yet I understand the business.

Maybe get to go to CVG in a month +, JFK is senior (though I'm not thrilled about JFK as a base).

I have also been told of the threat of a pilot strike. The piketing went well in SEA yet the desired effect fell flat on getting Bezos to influence AAWW Managment. Typical Business tactic (we let our partners take care of their business).

Questions: Is it even worth trying to go to Atlas? For a year maybe 2? I would like some heavy time yet I also know I'll never make CA at one of the Majors, UPS or FedEx.

Would it be a better shot to go to K4? Or try for JB, Spirit, Allegent?

I'd like to get on with UPS or FedEx as boxes doen't complain.

Ideas, intel, suggestions???
We need more 76 pilots than 74. Miami is not a 76 base.

You could go to any of those airlines mentioned but you'll have a better schedule and better pay if you choose to do that since they all have much better contracts. Gee. Tough call.