Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 PM
tcco94
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: LAX ER

Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
There are also CRJ check airman who have failed the transition training LOE to the ERJ in recent months and that is a fact.
It is a different automation philosophy, but still a jet nonetheless, and we all fly in the same environment. Understanding the modes and how and when to use them and all the possible techniques and combinations is a skill in an of itself. You are throwing around subtle insults at your fellow collegues and implying that CRJ pilots are better because they work with less. Perhaps it's your attitude that could use an adjustment?
Nowhere in any of my comments did I say anything about pilot ability or insult anyone. Leave it to someone on APC to get soft skin panties in a bunch and twist someone's words.

I simply said I've heard that the transition from the levels of automation in the ERJ to CRJ is a big jump for someone who's never flown it. Learn how to read so you can stop making assumptions.

I don't doubt that anyone on our property is a lesser skilled pilot left/right seat, ERJ or CRJ. I was just giving some advice. Who's to say someone could be a better CRJ pilot coming from the ERJ.