View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Romeo Hotel
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Spartan, Tulsa for VA?

Long story short, I've been on the sidelines for a year. I took a year to solidify my finances to survive a move out of my home state to pursue a degree and flight training.

I have full GI Bill coverage, and I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck, since I already have a Bachelor's.

I thought I had it all worked out. My first choice was ASU, but surprise surprise, they aren't in compliance with 85/15. Not really their fault, just shows how popular that program was.

My 2nd choice was FSC in Jacksonville. Apparently their new policy does not allow for VA benefits to be applied to flight labs.

Which brings me to Spartan. I know the overall vibe in flight training is 'buyer beware' and the programs that seem too good to be true, usually are. So I'm curious as to why I haven't seen to much about these guys? I've done a few forum searches, but it's only really mentioned in passing.

If I can transfer my credits over from my previous undergrad degrees, and apply for an AS or BS with them, I could use R-ATP mins. Can anyone with GI Bill experience / Spartan background provide some basic input?