View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM
stiner62
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2011

I'm not sure about Spartan, but since you are looking in the area, you might as well look at Oklahoma State and University of Oklahoma.

Something to keep in mind, if you are going to a university because of the ATP-R hour reduction, you will have to get a degree from there. Some of your previous hours might transfer, but for the 1000 hour mins, you still have to complete 60 hours of approved aviation classes. 1250 mins I believe are 30 hours in aviation courses. Both you still have to graduate from the college not just complete the 141 program.

Another thing to consider, I'm sure you already have, but there are 141 schools that accept VA benefits. Most of them you have to pay for your private out of pocket then the rest is covered with the VA benefits. If you go this route, you still have to hit the 1,500 hours, however, you might consider if you will get the 1,500 hours through a 141 school (and instructing) faster than attempting to do another college degree and hitting 1,250 or 1,000 hours.