Thread: public behavior
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Hank Kingsley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Power top

Originally Posted by FedElta View Post
I haven't posted in a long time, but here I am. I witnessed very inappropriate behavior on a main line flight yesterday.

I was seated at the gate, awaiting boarding for the 3:29pm departure from Dal to Atl on 6/17/17.

The entire operating crew was seated across the aisle from me, in a very crowded gate. The A line FA started on a loud rant criticizing DAL corporate decisions to withdraw sponsorship from a recent event.....she continued the vocal rant, to include accusing DAL management of being in bed with the current POTUS and the NRA.

A newhire FA tried unsuccessfully to quieten or deflect her, but was unable. The Cap and Fo sat there eating a sandwich, and scrolling their IPad, and took no action whatsoever.

We are all entitled to our opinion and choice in life, but I don't believe that extends to public criticism of your employer and elected governmental leaders in public, while on duty in uniform.

Captains, be a Captain.....warrant the 4th stripe.

Rant over,
FedElta
Aka: Bill Gillespie
Bill,
I don't doubt your post. And I understand your feeling. But if I may rebute. I've never seen anyone in a Delta uniform, from below the wing to Captain, act in a manner that I would feel like I had to correct at that immediate moment.
Those Jerry Springer incidents do happen. But it's rare. I've never seen one. This company does a couple things well, and we all know the image that Delta wants to project and back up. Most Captains at Delta know when to counsel, at the gate may not result in the desired outcome.

Hank