View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:03 PM
C130driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by crewman View Post
In the 2016 Skytrax airline ratings none of the US major carriers made it in to the top 20. Being a fright dog my company buys a great many businesses class tickets for me, however I will request to fly on EVA vs DL or UAL out of Taipei purely because the service is far superior.

The same is tru I take JAL or ANA out of NRT, again the service is superior and I get airline miles. UAL flew the whale out of NRT till recently, no personal entertainment in economy......

The asian customer has high standards and frankly the big 3 carriers has a lot to learn when it comes to customer service. 2 weeks ago I experienced a delay of more than 4 hours in ORD... no refreshments..no nothing! Compared to Korean out of ICN ... a month or so ago lots of food and drinks...and a shopping voucher for shopping onboard..... just my 2 cents
It is important to note that many of these Asian companies can be amazing at customer service (and they really are, wow, I miss Asia..) because they aren't restricted to stringent labor laws like in America.

For instance, ANA Japan had waist standards for its flight attendants (I haven't met an ugly ANA flight attendant.). Can you imagine something like that flying in America without MSNBC or VOX chiming in concurrently with legal suits? Not arguing one method or another, I like some of the labor laws in the states (compare our salaries to Asian carriers,) just pointing out a huge reason for difference in customer service.