View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 12:13 PM
AZPilotMike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

TransWorld summed it up very nicely and is pretty on track to what I have been thinking/hearing. At the end of the day, barring any outside disaster, this is great time to be in the industry.

One thing I wish more people would consider though is that AA isn't the end all be all, or in some cases not even the best final destination. There are so many options out there that pilots will take, all of which will affect the flow rate.

Some will choose the LLC route which will hire and fairly low numbers and start making six figures now. Others will hold out for AA, many will go to another major once the gates open.

We still haven't gotten to the point that the majors are desperate for pilots as they have lots of resumes on file and lots of senior guys/gals to get through. However, this won't last and I predict the times will really start to come down towards the end of 2019 beginning of 2020.

Don't get tunnel vision on AA and its flow unless that is all you ever want to do. If so, thats cool, just understand the safest bet is that flow rates will come down to right around 5-6 years.