View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
Tongue in cheek!

Read back over the VB comments in this thread. This is a mountain out of a mole hill. Whether we get VB or not, who cares? The company will have difficulty staffing. (Hope everyone with an opinion has actually read the PWA language regarding VB). May I emphasize the VOLUNTARY nature of the VB?

I think we have bigger issues. Particularly ME3. Lack of JV PWA progress with regard to Aeromexico and Korean also come to mind. Where is the outcry on this?

Is VB just an issue propagated by a few to distract us from the real issues? And if so, why?
Correct. All of these contract issues become back burner if there is a systemic shift in the post consolidation battle space. ME3, cabotage, DAL buying a foreign airline forcing the union to decide to uphold the PWA and allow foreign ownership as the response for AMR and UAL both who deep down need foreign capital, or one of the many other issues that is creeping slowly our way.

We can force better contractual items when this post consolidation success continues. That continuation is directly corralled to keeping these things at bay. ALPA PAC and other efforts by the union and need to be supported to continue this era.