View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
ASACapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by skualo3
Hi there,
...."I am somewhat limited on people skills, how much babysitting does the F/O do with pax on board? I keep having nightmares about dry roasted peanuts instead of salted ones….I just don`t I could Kiss rear ends for days on end, I am not a bear, I just don’t care for prima donnas!

What are the chances of “landing” a Midsize/Large(Falcon) cabin as an entry position? I really enjoy Long/International trips, and would rather fly a larger plane"....

Sk3
Jmack was being polite. Let me elaborate for you Sk3,

We are in the business to taking care of the owners and Marquis card holders. WE (the pilots) need to do what it takes to take care of them and earn their continued business for many years. Our owners/card holders buy time on the airplane and that gets US (all netjet empolyees) paid. If the owners/card holders arent happy and we do not retain them as our long term customer then it is lost revenue for ALL including the pilots!! If you do not have the "people skills" and do not like "kissing rear-end for days on end", nor cater to primma donna's then you will not fit in here. Further, I would not like you to work here and I am sure I speak for several co-workers also. You would be a risk for an owner having an unenjoyable experience thus, causing him to take his/her business elsewhere.

To sum it up, you would be a risk to OUR (NJ employees) job security due to your lack of needing/wanting to do what it takes to get the job done. At NJ, you need to "do what it takes" in order to benefit from the great contract that thousands before you worked so hard for.

I am sure there are hundreds of pilots currently on our seniorty list that would love to fly a midsize/large cabin airplane to include myself. Sorry dude, it's seniority and you will need to pay your dues like the rest of us. This company is in high demand due to the great contract. There are thousands of highly qualified and professional pilots out there willing to do what it takes here and pay the dues. Go to the airlines. You will do better there.

Any questions now?

Last edited by ASACapt; 03-23-2006 at 08:22 AM.