View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by SamFoxpilot View Post
Hey Steam,
I'm w/you 100% and know what you're going through. 23 yr AF guy here, and I am still trying to get used to life on the outside.

I'm still getting used to the idea that I can go work for someone and bail anytime I want. Loyalty is desirable, but not always a given--from either side.
It does take getting used to with a mil background. Similiarily, why do you go USAF? Maybe it was yout first choice, but if that had not worked, would you have gone USMC/Navy? Often the answer is yep!
Airlines, It is only business. Nothing personal. Most professionals understand this and don't take it personal. I'm UPS because SWA and FEDEX were not shopping when I was in the market. <g> Any one of the those I would have been thrilled. All fantastic companies. I turned down DHL (was a poolie at both UPS and DHL) Started at UPS and one week into GS when DHL called with a start date. When I called HR to politely turn it down, the HR woman was extraordinarily nice and congratulatory and thanked me for a prompt response. She was class!