Thread: Good article
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM
TransWorld
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post
My friends who ended up stuck there (Lost Decade guys with "too much" captain time) are telling me that UAL and DAL are snatching up young 3 year FOs left and right, instead of pulling guys from the top end of the seniority list.
I don't know how much is that case vs. others (Lifers, someone who has a black mark in their history, etc.)

I do know what has been here on Envoy's subforum. They are no interview flows to American. A couple of years ago they were flowing 20-25 years of seniority with Envoy. This summer it is down to 12 years (because very few were hired in the lost decade). In 2 years, based on contractual flow rates (and nothing catastrophic happens in the world), they will be down to 7 years of seniority to flow. It will hold steady, more or less, on out.

Without access to the seniority list, it is hard to tell how many were bypassed, voluntarily or involuntarily. My perception is there are not that many that were involuntarily. If anyone has current data, it would be interesting to share it.