View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 01:45 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by butterwm View Post
I have an active green slip request in the system. I setup a minimum 2 hours from notification to show since I live on the north side of Atlanta with the green slip request. I received a call from scheduling this morning at 3:18 am for a trip with a 5:00 am show. On the voicemail the scheduler stated it was 3:18 am and she would leave the trip on my line for 10 minutes. I called scheduling right back and the trip was already given away and acknowledged by the next person at 3:22 am.

1. Scheduling completely disregarded my 2 hour notification to show time limitation I set on the green slip.

2. Scheduling stated in the voice mail they would leave that trip on my line for me to acknowledge for 10 minutes but it was given away and acknowledged 4 minutes later from that call. (I do have the voice mail saved confirming all of these times)

Is there anything I can do with either a scheduling supervisor or ALPA to rectify this situation? Looking for suggestions.
I believe once scheduling gets within a certain threshold before report time they are allowed to cover the trip by any means possible. I believe that includes foregoing the 10 minute response time from the pilot. I think it's something like less than 2 hours to report time.

I've missed out on a few before in the past with tight report time from notifications.

Doesn't hurt to follow up with the union about it. If the scheduler advised you that you had 10 minutes and then the gave it away 4 minutes later, you may have a case.

Also, future reference if it's on your line, you can just go on icrew and acknowledge. Sometimes that's quicker.