View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 06:05 AM
overspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by butterwm View Post
I have an active green slip request in the system. I setup a minimum 2 hours from notification to show since I live on the north side of Atlanta with the green slip request. I received a call from scheduling this morning at 3:18 am for a trip with a 5:00 am show. On the voicemail the scheduler stated it was 3:18 am and she would leave the trip on my line for 10 minutes. I called scheduling right back and the trip was already given away and acknowledged by the next person at 3:22 am.

1. Scheduling completely disregarded my 2 hour notification to show time limitation I set on the green slip.

2. Scheduling stated in the voice mail they would leave that trip on my line for me to acknowledge for 10 minutes but it was given away and acknowledged 4 minutes later from that call. (I do have the voice mail saved confirming all of these times)

Is there anything I can do with either a scheduling supervisor or ALPA to rectify this situation? Looking for suggestions.
#1. Get rid of the 2 hour restriction. They have to allow you the same time to report as a short-call. Additionally, they pull the trip coverage report up to 30 minutes before calling, so even with the 2 hour restriction they could have pulled the report prior to the 2 hours.
#2 They probably messed up in the voice mail, and theres no retribution for you unless they covered the trip improperly. Since it was within 3 hours, they didn't have to give you 10 minutes.