View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 01:13 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
I agree with some of this. I know I will get attacked for this statement but there are many that we do not hire here that other majors have no problem taking since it is more of a numbers game to them and filling classes. Agreed with the time from interview to class and have no problem with it since classes vary and we have no probation.
Does that mean we aren't hiring high quality candidates? Or that the highest quality candidates aren't getting hired because you all are afraid of retaining them when legacies/FDX/UPS call them? Or are we not even getting apps from the top tier guys because we aren't a viable career (or even short term job) option?

From your recruiter standpoint, why would any decently qualified pilot, military or civilian, want to come to JetBlue, other than someone who lives close to BOS? There are better options for every other base that pay more and have better short and long term seniority/upgrade outlooks, not to mention 20-40% better pay not even taking seniority/retirements into consideration. The only thing I can think is that they aren't qualified enough to get on with one of the aforementioned carriers, then get stuck or comfortable enough here and stay. Why say you?