View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Theorganist92
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Romeo Hotel View Post
I encourage you to look in to degree granting institutions that offer flight training for hours. There are a few options (if you're willing to relocate) that offer A.S. and B.S. degrees that include flight. Applying for additional student loans, while scary, would still be far less than ATP. You may also be looking at a reduced time frame if you can transfer any of your credits from your other degrees. This would allow you to use R-ATP minimums as well.

It's more or less what I'm doing.
I have checked out this option before. Me being a Hoosier in my homestate, it wouldn't be much of an issue to get up to Purdue or ISU for the aviation tech degrees that those schools offer. I've called Purdue on this subject, but they said I can't get an additional undergrad degree if I already have one, which is odd, because I have heard that such things are indeed possible. Does anyone have any commentary on this?

Wholeheartedly agree on the other comments of the ATP loan. That's the thing that scares me the most... maybe that's a sign I just don't want to risk it. Same kind of risk management principle I apply to my flying I already do... indeed, in figuring out the average salary from most regionals last night, I may have an awful difficult time paying off the ATP loan...