View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:12 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Apokleros View Post
Thanks for the worthwhile information. To be frank, I will take whatever I can get that is fixed-wing. Given that I am above 30, I feel can't be picky. I would actually prefer heavies over fighters though if the choice presented itself. I have heard that certain C-130 units need pilots more than units of other airframes. When you wrote unsponsored, does that mean lacking the support of a recruiter or a particular unit?
Google "afrc unsponsored UPT" and there's a lot of info. It means you are applying to the reserves with no unit sponsoring you...in other words, AFRC selects you and sends you to UPT, then they will assign you to a unit that needs people (I think that's how that works). Not all that familiar with it. ANG only hires via individual units hiring...there's no centralized boards. AFRC has individual unit boards...they "hire" you then send your packet to the centralized AFRC board as a sponsored guy. Once you get past that centralized board you actually get hired. Or you just apply unsponsored to the afrc board. I think that's how that works. Baseops.net has more info on it. And this new website bogidope.com or something like that.