View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 PM
MikeDD

Default Part 141 recommendation?

First off, I just want to thank everyone on these forums. The vast amount of information provided here has undoubtedly helped me to better understand the aviation industry. Thank you!

A little about myself, I am 29 years old and I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps as a helo mechanic. My last two years I spent as a maintenance supervisor which was a great experience but not exactly where I wanted to land my career. I opted to leave the Marines a few years ago and recently finished an aviation management degree. I have always loved to fly and I am interested in pursuing a commercial license and instructor ratings. My flight experience is pretty much nil other than the occasional ride in a helo and a few hours in a 172.

I have 20 months left on my GI Bill and about 20,000 in the bank totaling around 40,000. I am trying to find a reputable part 141 flight school to use it through. Many of the large schools are just too expensive and most of the smaller FBO's are not part 141. Another consideration is the amount of multi engine time offered. The more the better. Location is not an issue. I want to do this the right way and keep it within my budget. If there are any other prior military out there trying to get through civilian flight school I would love to hear from you! Thank you all very much.

Mike

Last edited by MikeDD; 03-23-2006 at 08:58 PM.