View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by UAL T38 Phlyer View Post
Wouldn't surprise me, either.

What did surprise me: Wikipedia (I know, consider the source) says it wouldn't enter revenue service until 2025 or later.

Too late for me. Better question: too late for United/Boeing? It makes me think we might want something sooner, like A321NEO/LR. Supposedly 24% cheaper than the 757, and available in about a year.

So...maybe the A350 turns into long-range 321s?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_of_the_market
Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the comments I'm getting back. I started the same thread on that "other" forum and the response is much the same. Folks agree we'll get a 757 replacement, but don't think the CT or the 10Q mean it's happening now.

Well, I read the 10Q redacted information and it is entirely a new order replacing an old order all with Boeing and in that order it discusses MAX 9 and MAX 10 AND an unnamed aircraft with the mission defined in redacted stars above.

It seems pretty obvious to me what it all means, and I'm just surprised others don't see it. If a year goes by with no announcement of United buying a Boeing 757 replacement I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but for now looks to me like a darn good bet that's what's going on.