View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Tumbleweed11
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Default FedEx Pilot Credentials question

I've searched the forum and did not get any results on this topic. I apologize in advance if it has already been answered...

I'm getting ready to start my FedEx app and I am presented with the following question:

Do you have at least 1500 hours total fixed wing time as PIC or SIC in multiengine turboprop or jet A/C or combination thereof.

I have about 1200 hours of PIC in a single seat military fighter and about 200 hours of SIC (student) time in military jet trainers.

Taking the question at face value, it would be an obvious no as I do not meet the minimum requirements. However on the FedEx pilot credentials Q&A page, it talks about a conversion for military sorties and how it will be automatically converted once you input the number of military sorties.

My question is, Do I answer yes to the above question assuming that I will have over 1500 hours PIC and SIC in a jet when I add the conversion?

I also have not seen anything that talks about what exactly is the conversion factor that will be added. On the Southwest site, it explicitly tells the applicant to add .3 per military sortie.

Thanks in advance.