View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 07:53 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Newguy

Originally Posted by Newguy85
Skyhigh you once said that the point of your negativity was to show the up-n-comers that there is a different side to the world of Aviation then what is shown in the brochure. You are great at presenting a fair balance between fact and fiction in the industry, but don't criticise the guy for wanting to attempt something you failed at. We need bright people in the industry. If we had more "Bright" ones. The industry might be less "stupid". You do your job well though I must say.

Sincerely,

NewGuy

Dude,

I am simply trying to save the guy some pain. Some of the secrets to long term success as a pilot is that you must lack the natural ability for self preservation, and it takes a talent for brain flat line. You are right he is smart and anyone with the interests and talents that this guy has will be bored within a week. The smart people own the tools the rest fly them. He will figure it out eventually.

Besides, I wouldn't necessarily say that I was a complete failure as a pilot. I did survive almost 20 years flying, never flunked a check ride, never scored less than a 90% on any FAA test. Graduated with a 3.2 GPA with a BS in Business and Aviation. I got every job in aviation that I tried for (except for one). Worked as a bush pilot, medevac pilot, forest service contract pilot, corporate, charter and regional airline and completed my run as a 757-200 FO. All without so much as chipping the paint. I would say that aviation failed me just as much. In the end it was a mutual separation.

Thanks though,

Love the Avatar by the way !!

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 03-24-2006 at 07:56 PM.