Thread: XOJET hiring
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Mr Rumbold
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Default XO

I'm sure some go to XO (or other fractionals/corporate, etc) and make it a career stop, others move on to airlines.. what d most XO pilots tend to do?

I'm a current regional 121 FO who's upgrade time is just about here; my debate is to either upgrade at my current 121, then hope to get on down the road with a bigger company… or look into going to XO and either make it a career stop if it's a good place, or spend a few years there then look into a major 121.
When places like FedEx say they still require TPIC.. I assume they mean part 121 TPIC? Or does part 135 TPIC work for them as well?
My problem isn't that I don't know what I want to do.. it's that I want to do it all (lol!) I want to fly for XO and live that lifestyle and fly those planes.. but I also salivate everytime I see a FedEx or UPS MD-11 sitting on the ramp…
Getting TPIC 121 time at my current regional probably is the best course of action, I realize.. but getting out of the regional rat race would be nice - the relatively set schedule of XO definitely appeals to me;
I don't want to dash my chances of ever flying for a major 121, as that's still something I'd be interested in, but I can also see myself settling in at a place such as XO for the long term, especially if they treat their employees well.
#decisions

stay safe in this crazy hurricane season!