View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:23 AM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
Had a Delta guy in the JS the other day. I asked his thoughts on ALPA. He said DL wants to go independent. A lot of the gripes we have about APA are more of the same at ALPA. $400/person dinners, you've got local and national guys doing that. I think our problem with APA isn't just structure but also the people we keep voting in as our reps. There are a lot of guys that have been here so long they are unaware of what things other airlines have and we don't and how they'd benefit us. "If we didn't invent it, we don't want it" runs rampant here along with "That's the way we've always done it." My ideal union rep would be a fairly new guy that worked at a regional or two then a LCC before coming here.
Funny, the Delta guy in my j/s the other day on ATL-DFW said the exact opposite, he was very happy with the contract and pay ALPA got him and referred to the DPA hopefuls as "those clowns that are trying to undo it all."

For Delta (or any legacy) to leave ALPA and go independent is akin to a bullet to the head. The ALPA legacies have the absolute best contracts.