Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:06 PM
N993T
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: PC12, Captain

Originally Posted by TSAwithBagpipes View Post
When a CEO replies all and says he wants resignations over negative commentary, I consider it a nasty-gram. But let's not split hairs over nomenclature. We could also argue over the implications of such an email chain until we're blue in the face. "Hey guys, no other 135 offers such benefits. So why would you expect them?" Yeah, that's how a decent 135 becomes a scumbag 135. Benefits are usually the first to go. But maybe I "took the email out of context" lol

Not sure who responded like a child. I'm assuming you meant the CEO? Or the pilots that said inappropriate things via email? Either is inexcusable.

Defend the CEOs response all you want, normal employees won't stand for that crap. It's a morale killer. Not to mention way more expensive premiums. I won't rehash the other things you apparently can't substantiate here. Like slower hiring, routes not being renewed. Etc.
Tempted though I am, I won't get drawn into a ****ing match and will simply agree to disagree as to the whether or not this move was necessary, CEO's intent, who is acting like a child, or whether or not I'm a normal employee. I agree that benefits are first to go and I believe that I actually addressed that in my previous post. This is most definitely a backward step for the company and is exacerbated by the fact that virtually all of our pilots are under contract and cannot simply resign without paying a stiff penalty. But if the alternative is shutting the company down....

I will take the bait on loss of routes and hiring, though. I'm not sure why you bring this up when I didn't. I wasn't avoiding the issues...they weren't relevant to my post.

I don't really have any insight into loss of routes. This could be an incomplete list as I'm doing it off of the top of my head, but in the last year we've added CNY, VEL, MSS, and PDT. We are now (apparently) losing CNY and VEL, but that's actually a net gain of 2 EAS cities.

I have no information about our bidding process and whether or not we are overbidding for routes that we might otherwise get. We might be. I do know that some of these communities think that they are too good for a mere Pilatus or even King Air. There is nothing we can do about that. I have a hunch that routes will come and go. That's life in EAS. We can't fill a Pilatus to CNY...I have no idea how Skywest thinks they're going to fill a CRJ.

As far as hiring slowing down, we have 50% more pilots now than we did a year ago. DEN is full if not overstaffed. The PHX pilots I talk to aren't flying much. I don't know about other bases. We can't keep hiring for the sake of hiring. There need to be openings. People will always be leaving and we will always need to hire.

I don't have blinders on, I guess I'm just not as pessimistic as most. I'll restate something I said in my previous post: I don't know if Boutique will be here in a year. I wouldn't have said that a week ago.