View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
Was a response by Cujo665 deleted? I received an email directing me to his/her reply but can't find it?
Not sure why it'd be deleted? (maybe it's my browser but the link takes me to a blank page?)

It's not political, those are facts which apply to both sides of the political divide. I hope the political correctness nonsense doesn't preclude logical arguments in this discussion?

This is the email I saw:
I deleted it. Didn't want to wade into the argument at the time.

Having sat on the board of directors at a major US pilot union I can say beyond a doubt the system is stacked against us and designed to keep metal moving.

Do the large unions have our best interest at heart? Maybe....

Example. I sat on the BOD national legislative affairs committee. The agenda items submitted to the Board of Directors by upper union management had 4 items on it to designate as national priorities. All four were crap.
I drafted and lobbied with the Delta, United and a FedEx guy to get 2 agenda items added to the meeting to include and make national priorities.

One was to defend the 1500 hour rule; the other was to modernize the RLA commensurate with modern business practices.

On the first one it was me, Delta, United and FedEx explaining to Mesa, PDT and PSA why defending the 1500 hour rule was important. They were complaining that they couldn't get enough pilots and it was slowing down upgrades. Two hours later the agenda item passed, was later sent to the full floor, and is now a national and PAC priority. Yep, that was me.

The other triggered a two hour onslaught of a procession of union lawyers each explaining why they didn't want to touch the RLA. The short version is They're afraid if we touch it, management will too.

In other words, not willing to fight to fix the rigged system. Content to take 1.8% from everybody while their national secretaries are paid better than many regional captains....

But I digress.....
see what you started.....

You guys still hiring? Somebody PM an email or contact there please. My app is sitting there dormant.

Last edited by Cujo665; 09-20-2017 at 05:11 PM.