View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 12:02 PM
gbntpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: FDX B757 FO

I was just recently hired at FedEx, and all the above posts are true. The pilot recruitment offices are in a secured building on a secured campus away from the airport. Face to face contact with pilot recruiters just isn't possible. About the only way to really get any leg up on the rest of the applicant pool is to know somebody higher up in the company (not just another FedEx pilot) who can pull your online application.

The best advice I can give you is:

1. Update your application as often as possible. I updated my app data about every week and uploaded an updated PDF resume about every month.

2. I've heard of some recently hired pilots who used an application review service. I personally did not, but the one I've heard tossed around is aerocrewsolutions.com.

3. Remember that your application is scored by a computer before any human ever sees it. So, think like a computer. Try to check as many boxes as possible, make sure your numbers are accurate and add up, and don't leave anything out. If you have two hours in a Cessna 152, make sure it's on your list. Nobody really knows how the computer scores your experience -- and those who do aren't talking -- so don't leave anything out even if you think it wouldn't matter.

4. You don't need to have an interview scheduled to start preparing. Look into Emerald Coast Interview Consulting. When I was doing my interview prep there were lots of pilots in the online webinars preparing for interviews they didn't yet have with a variety of carriers (ECIC isn't just FedEx prep).

5. Watch for FedEx to host another Pilot Career Expo, and be online ready to register the minute the application window opens. The expo we hosted earlier this summer filled up within minutes of the window being open.

6. This should go without saying, but DO NOT lie on the application or exaggerate. They WILL find out and you'll be out the door. The captains on the interview panel take your logbooks and other documents behind closed doors for a review during the interview process. I'm sure they're looking at more than just the last page of totals.

Good luck!