Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 01:14 PM
go skers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
So does anyone know if I, as a 145 CA with a seat lock, will be able to displace to the 175 on this bid?

It seems like the 145 is shrinking and I'll be here 3 more years. I'd like to get to the 175 and off reserve at some point.

I realize I'd have to proffer to displace. Will they honor the guys that proffer for it, even if they have a seat lock? Or will they skip us and displace FO's over to CA?
They would have to be displacing out your seat in order for you to get a proffer to displace since you would be using the junior guy's seniority to do it. It doesn't appear any 145 CA seat is being displaced. They might shrink a seat through attrition or base transfers but I think you'll be stuck on your fleet until your seat lock expires. It doesn't hurt to try though, I have no idea what their staffing plans are or if they'll try to draw down a lot of DFW or ORD EMJ flying and push it out east. It definitely looks like LGA will be doing a lot of through flying to cover old Whisky flying based on the bid