View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:53 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Red Letter View Post
Try "Sick Grievance" post #5 from 2016. I doubt much has changed.
.....Just wondering what would cause a pilot's STS score to exceed the company's established threshold. What is the threshold?

From various reliable sources (and the Fleet Captain handbook):

3 points - any sick event that doesn't fit any other category
4 points - Before a block of R Days or before the end of a Block of R days
5 points - In conjunction with a Check Ride or a Sim Event
6 points - In conjunction with a Holiday or Vacation

Some points hang on for 12 months, others 24 months (e.g. Check Ride/Sim).

At 12 total points in the "look back period", automatic computer generated messages for a doctor's note occurred. Once the Grievance settlement is implemented, the "Sick Czar" (Chief Pilot's designee) will have unfettered ability to analyze this highly complex data and make a decision that will never set any precedent. That seems reasonable!

At 17 points, you were "invited in for a chat".

At 23 points, management could elect to harass you with CBA 15.D.. In their perverted logic, 23 points meets the qualifications of CBA 15.D.1.

As you can see, this is a very complex tracking system (STS) which involves massive computing power and a large staff of programmers to implement (perhaps that is the root cause of our IT problems). That is also why it may take until June 30, 2017 (or perhaps longer if mutually agreed (e.g ".. but in no event.... unless mutually agreed!?!?!?!)) to be able to program in the "massive changes" from the Grievance Settlement.

Will someone like LK or DM be appointed the "Sick Czar"? Will it be a V.P position? Nothing would surprise me at this point.

The really sad part is that many sane, logical, professional solutions to the Sick Leave Usage "problem(s)" exist, but management seems incapable of figuring out what they are.

I guess like Training, Goodwill has no cost.

DISCLAIMER: I checked with Hillary and she is convinced that none of this is classified.