Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 07:31 PM
Onetaco
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Airplane.

Originally Posted by pixelflying View Post
On an 8 day you may not fly on the first and last days if it took a good chunk your duty day to get you there. If all it took to get you to/from work was a Lyft/Taxi then you will probably fly right away or till you go home. Days in the middle are usually (as much as you can use that word) one revenue leg and one re positioning leg. Anything within legality is possible though but anything more than 3 legs is very rare. I think I do max duty/min rest maybe 3 times a month? It's not common but it happens when wx/mx/atc get crazy. Coming home is super easy. They buy you a ticket, you get on and if you arrive past 10pm then they pay up. I'm pretty sure commute home counts towards duty limitations. I've never arrived home past my duty time so tbh I'm not really sure if it's something they do.

As far as furlough goes I'm 80% sure it's by reverse seniority. But who cares anymore? The majors are hiring like crazy and if they need less pilots all they would have to do is stop hiring not furlough.
More than 3 legs is rare? I want to fly with you!