View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 04:29 PM
PhenomDriver620

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: EMB505 PIC

Originally Posted by workforidiots View Post
PIC Under 3 years here you now only get 8 days of vacation and sick combined and to use the vacation days they must be connected to off days or have 3 duty days on either side of your vacation. ��*♂️ that as an improvement? Good luck!
I think you need to read the memo again as your statement is not correct. PICs under 3 years would still be on the 10-5 and it clearly says those on the 10-5 will have the same accrual rates, meaning it's not changed. Not sure how you reached your conclusion.

Falling into the group that will benefit from the 8-6, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. Not long ago we were all on the 12-3 schedule. The 12-3 was tough on me and the family, but when the 10-5 came along that was a huge improvement. The company doesn't do anything fast but getting some 30+ (I think it said 35) extra days off a year is a damn good start. I plan to use the 6 days off to catch up even more at home. Curious to see how the 8-6 rotations line up with the rest of the year.