Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Subpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by Sheg0theD View Post
Explain what?

So if you get displaced as a new hire per the contract there is a 12 month training freeze on the equipment. I can remember exactly what page in the contract. There is a Waiver in the contract that says... the company may waive a training freeze, but if they do, the have to unlock everyone senior to you.. ( there is a few guys on this forum that think I am reading this wrong, but our contract guy at the union explain this all to me. I made multiple calls the last few days to our reps and asked for some clarification. From our union guy.. “alpa has waived that waiver for this one time... if they did not waive the waiver this time, the company was going to take a away a few things they granted for this bid”.

Also for then 15G4 which isn’t being called a displacement, but it is... (if I am being forced to upgrade to CA not at my discretion, that is a displacement in my book) we are not receiving 9 month of A12 travel and extra per diem and hires. The only way you are going to receive those displacement perks is if you are displaced to ORD on the 175.

The above is exactly how Mr.Ginn explained it to me.

If you want anymore info, PM me and I can explain into further detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are mixing up parts of the contract. I’ve been here 11 years and have a pretty good grasp of the contract.
- The 12 month training freeze for new hires is for vacancy bidding (not for being displaced).
- If you are displaced out of your current base, you get all the displacement benefits. The aircraft you displace into is irrelevant.
- Displaced pilots do not incrue a training freeze.