View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 10:14 AM
reddog25
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: A320 CA
Default bus driver

Originally Posted by NE_Pilot
Will the computer override the pilot if he exceedes the pre-programmed limits???

Also, I heard somewhere that you can't disconnect the auto-throttle, on one of the Airbus's, not sure if that is true or not.
The bus has maneuver and angle of attack protection which all pilots should love. In the event of a windshear or GPWS warning all I have to do is firewall it, haul back on the stick and I'm zooming up without fear of stall...also if my speedbrakes are extended they will retract...something the 757 doesn't do...and should ie:Cali...The autothrottles disconnect nicely, and unless I'm flying a CAT2 or 3 approach is how I fly the approach/landing. The AOB restriction of 67 degrees is a function of G loading...I'm a Marine, but somewhere I remember that 60 degrees AOB level flight equates to 2Gs...However if the bus finds itself upside down due to upset or midair etc the computer says; "I'm outa here" and the pilot retains full authority to get it back into some semblence of normal flight....Great airplane...fun2fly..Ripper