Old 10-11-2017, 09:23 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Have you ever gone up to the gate and found it to be an absolute charlie fox? I have, and have walked over to one of the service counters to have them list me (ORD come to mind). And to the person that said he would "have words" with this pilot just trying to get home GMAFB.
I agree with you in most circumstances. The exception would be when there are pilots waiting in the line at the CF gate in question, and you "cut" the line by getting another gate agent to do it for you. Thats a blue falcon move for sure. But there's nothing inherently wrong with listing at another counter or at ticketing especially if you're there early and you know there won't be anyone at the gate to even do it. In that case you truly did "get there first" and its fair and reasonable to list early (I think its up to 4 hours?) and completely unreasonable to expect someone who is there that early anyway to stand number one at an empty counter for 3+ hours so they can say they were first to someone who walks up 3 hours after they were there.