Old 10-15-2017, 04:36 PM
Trojan65
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

The scale of the hiring seems very large

I read somewhere Horizon were looking for 300 people next 12 months . What are some of the other numbers people are looking at ?

Also what regional would be best for an Australian to join , likely to stay 5 years then back to Aust or off to ME/Asia. Will not transition to majors, as on an E3 visa unlikely to get citizenship

People say clearly the regionals can change quick , so the best airline this year , may lose contracts drop down the list next year.

Just doing some thinking out loud here

So wouldn't this make the WO regionals a "safer" bet ie: the AA owned regional Envoy/Piedmont/PSA or Delta owned Endeavour as the mothership is obviously going to protect their own regional . Thus making these four more "stable" ? , am I making sense here ?

Also how much of a benefit is the staff travel with WO AA regionals getting the same priority as mainline. Would think this looks like a very significant benefit for staff

The other priority for Australians will be upgrade time ; get some PIC asap as you are not going to stay in the US forever

Of the list of top ten , perhaps two or at most three to avoid ; the others in terms of pay , equipment (regionals are TP in Aust/NZ) , upgrade times , travel perks - all looks very good