MD11Fr8Dog , 10-09-2007 04:08 PM
...Whatever It Is!
MD11Fr8Dog
...Whatever It Is!
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2006
Quote: BonesF15,

I'd be glad to share the 'secret'. I learned about trip URL's when I was putting together the Open Time module of MagicWebFX (which highlights disputed pairings for you).

The actual url's are those that show in the browser address bar when you click on a trip number (calendar, open time, etc) or do a trip recap inquiry in VIPS. You just have to embed those url's in the proper format for posting on this forum.

If you type the following: (Important-- delete the space between URL and the = sign; otherwise it won't show-up as a link)

[URL ="https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vipscgi?webtr?11?MEM?27?9OCT07"]Trip 11 MEM 27 9Oct[/url]

The following link is posted for all to see on the forum:
Trip 11 MEM 27 9Oct

From that point it is a simple matter of duplicating the link and replacing the appropriate elements to create the desired Links:
. . .webtr?11?MEM?27?9OCT07"]Trip 11 MEM 27 9Oct [/url]
. . .webtr?Trip#?Base?EQ?TripDate"] VIPS trip header [/url]

Really easy to do and since the link requires secure access to VIPS, only those with access can see the trip's details.

This icon, , works too! Type out what you want the link to be called (ie: Trip 11 MEM 27 9Oct) and highlight/select it. Then click the icon and paste in the URL that you've copied from elsewhere!