Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Jersdawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
I would just forget about DFW and focus on your flying. As it's been said, most people will not last with these schedules more than a year. Ive personally seen it, especially left seat. If you came to envoy for the right reasons, flow, etc you should be able to work it out. I've commuted before on min days off and it's not very pretty, be prepared to spend 30 to 48 hours at home before going back out again. I came for the flow, the way I look at it a few years of trench work is ok compared to a possible long career at AA.
The problem is not everyone's family will see it the same way. I commute to rsv and am lucky to have a flexible commute, and even at that it's freaking rough on myself and my family. Someone with less flexible options or a SO who doesn't quite understand the airline business is in for a very rough ride. The acronym "AIDS" didn't come about for no reason...!

Not everyone is going to have this issue because of seniority or inability to hold captain, so it mostly applies to commuting to reserve for a long stretch. It really can become a question of how much can you really sacrifice or endure to have a shot at the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It all depends on the individual.