Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 AM
MOGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CRJ200; FO

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
I know w/ XO, you don't get non-rev benefits like in 121.. however I know you keep the airline miles/points and hotel points while on your work rotation.
Just wondering - because I've never had experience with this sort of thing; how many airline miles do you need to get a free ticket?
I guess what Im asking is.. I live in place A.. my parents live in place B which is 2000 miles away… w/ 121 I jump on a flight w/open seats.. with XO, I'd have to pay to visit… but how often would I accumulate enough points/miles to get a free or reduced fare?

Also.. didn't XO used to fly trans-Atlantic?? any chance they'd go back to doing that or will they just farm it out from now on?
Currently that stuff is farmed out. There have been discussions about larger class cabins...but only speculation.

It really depends on where you live. By that I mean if it's predominately one airline then you'll build status quicker. For me I fly all the 3 legacies at any given rotation so my status built slower than say a Hub based crew like SWA and Phoenix.

What you do also get is the option to have an alternate base at the beginning and end of a rotation to request, not gurenteed but usually work with you. You also get basically 4 one ticket guarantees each year to start or end out of ou base (within reason, not gonna fly you to Hawaii or Europe).

If you get an airline card you'll build o point quicker but might sacrifice some hotel points, but I found even without a hotel card you accumulate them quick enough usually.