Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:15 AM
MysteriousMrX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by MOGuy View Post
Currently that stuff is farmed out. There have been discussions about larger class cabins...but only speculation.

It really depends on where you live. By that I mean if it's predominately one airline then you'll build status quicker. For me I fly all the 3 legacies at any given rotation so my status built slower than say a Hub based crew like SWA and Phoenix.

What you do also get is the option to have an alternate base at the beginning and end of a rotation to request, not gurenteed but usually work with you. You also get basically 4 one ticket guarantees each year to start or end out of ou base (within reason, not gonna fly you to Hawaii or Europe).

If you get an airline card you'll build o point quicker but might sacrifice some hotel points, but I found even without a hotel card you accumulate them quick enough usually.
Good info, thx!
Curiosity-wise, since I've never flown 135 as pilot or passenger- since there's no flight attendants, are you responsible for safety briefings/ demos?
How do you endure pax have their belts on for takeoff and landing, or are they just on their own assuming their own risks?

As I'm trying to commute on a delayed (mechanical issue) flight.. airn occurs to me: what happens if you're being sent to a plane and this happens? Obviously call and keep them posted, but let's say a flight cancels and you can't get to wherever to fly your flight- clients paying thousands of dollars surely won't be interested in their pilot being super late - I'm guessing some mad scrambling goes on behind the scenes to get someone else in place?

What would you say are the best and worst aspects of XO?