Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Learflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Good info, thx!
Curiosity-wise, since I've never flown 135 as pilot or passenger- since there's no flight attendants, are you responsible for safety briefings/ demos?
How do you endure pax have their belts on for takeoff and landing, or are they just on their own assuming their own risks?

As I'm trying to commute on a delayed (mechanical issue) flight.. airn occurs to me: what happens if you're being sent to a plane and this happens? Obviously call and keep them posted, but let's say a flight cancels and you can't get to wherever to fly your flight- clients paying thousands of dollars surely won't be interested in their pilot being super late - I'm guessing some mad scrambling goes on behind the scenes to get someone else in place?

What would you say are the best and worst aspects of XO?
Yes. One of the crew is responsible for the briefings. Mine have gotten pretty succinct over the years. I need to get better at them.

Airlining on the company's time is the company's problem. They're well aware of the challenges of getting the crews around. Like you said, just email or call ops and make them aware. Murphy's law dictates that a mx problem only occurs on your flight home...never happened to me going to work.

The rich folks can wait...They make US wait all the time.