View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 PM
CautionPropWash
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

I’m interested in flying right seat in the MD-80’s out of Laredo. A few question for current or past KLRD guys...

How many crews are on the MD-80?

How many flight hours are the MD-80 guys averaging per month?

How many days out of the 18 are you guys out flying / how many are spent at the Laredo crew house?

Is the crew house pretty decent? Ok part of town? Near food? Comfortable beds? Cleaned ocassionally?

Is there a training contract?

How long does it take to upgrade? 1,000 hrs 121 or do guys typically stick around?

When guys do leave, where do they typically end up?

How is loading the MD-80 with cargo? I have no reservations about loading my own cargo, just want to know what the process is like.

Where do you guys typically fly to? Is it all random? Scheduled cargo? I’ve read “lower 48,” but is there any international flying?

Do you usually start in Laredo or do they generally fly you wherever the plane happens to be at the start of your shift?

Anyone care to complement on current state of company culture? Safety? Maintenance? Management? The future of MD-80 flying? Growth?

I know that was more than a few questions, but anything you can relay is very much appreciated.