View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:00 AM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Plenty. Too much to type. I suggest that you search this forum for all the arguments. You'll need several malt beverages once you find the threads.

Basically, (as I now recall) the union suggested that there were a few things that could be improved upon (in the short term) in exchange for a nice raise. Those specific items were listed as bullet points and were said to be inviolate and necessary in order to enter into the talks. Then, Mother U pushed back on reserve rules and told us to pound sand. Miraculously and in spite of what the union said initially, the extension proposal was quickly presented to the membership and then ratified by 72 or 73 percent.

Yes, I voted no and was vocal about it. There were plenty of union reps who also thought it was a bad idea. At this point, it's just dirty water long under the bridge.

Its a bit ironic that here we are now and suddenly everyone is gooey about opening section 6 early. We could have opened it up two years ago, when the company really needed relief from our work rules to fly the 787 on the ultra long, potentially ultra profitable 787 routes. Of course, we GAVE that away for the extension. It was like trading a nice waterfront home for a doublewide in a trailer park. Pfffffft.
THIS^
Pretty funny to hear that Boeing is talking about a 767 order from an "unknown" carrier, and some here are speculating it's us!
Our 76-3 payrate is awful and it was negotiated because of 'fear' of SLI affects and because 'those aircraft will be leaving anyway, no need to waste negotiation capital on them'. LOL

Yes, 70+% voted Yes.. Money was more important than fixes.
I have no doubt that the company realizes that they offered too much and probably could have gotten away with a slightly smaller raise.
Anything voted on by the pilot group only has to pass by 50.1%~

I also have no doubt that the company has a few plans to get RJ Scope relief.
Don't know what they are but can see -
Fixes to reserve rules, ie SC/FSB
Furlough protection for anyone hired post merger...
Offering some sort of sickbank sell back for pilots over 60~

End of the day, they know who their target audience is.

Again, how many pilots are posting on this thread? Less than 20?!
Literally, a drop in a big bucket.
Heard that 80% of EWR pilots commute... there's a target audience!

Motch
(2 No Votes so far...)