View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Knotcher
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Originally Posted by BoJet View Post
To be honest, I'm not a contractual guru. From what I understand, we are getting paid 4+ hours per day of reserve already.
Are you wanting double pay to go to work? If you had a turn assigned to you, it would take more than 7 hours of your day and you'd probably get nothing more than whats included in your guarantee- unless you break guarantee regularly on reserve which is doubtful.
I don't see this (IMO emotional) argument being a prudent use of our negotiating capital. It would be like a line holder asking for premium pay on everything the company awards them in PBS.
I do think that FSB shouldn't be longer than a single reserve day's credit towards guarantee.
It would be nice to have some sort of monetary incentive for the company not to just dole out FSB carelessly. Best way to do that is probably something like 1 hour add pay for the FSB regardless of the reserve being used or not. That would incentivize the company to be prudent with their assignment choices. Pilots might even pick it up for the $$ and allow others who live far to skip it.
Just my .02$
Agreed, or else an unused FSB should credit 5 or 6 hours towards line value. I agree you should get something for it but 4 hours of add pay is not something I think would be prudent to spend capital on.

If approach reserve with the mindset it is a month long vacation you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You may actually have to come in and work once in awhile like the rest of us. A select few may enjoy that but come on, some of you guys need to recalibrate.